Campus Emergency Procedures
In locations maintained by UHL itself (e.g., its seminar apartment), employees, students and faculty are to read the specific safety instructions provided there and follow these guidelines:
- In the event of an emergency requiring evacuation (e.g., a fire, earthquake) students and faculty are to leave the premises in an orderly fashion.
- The evacuation must be done in a controlled manner quickly but carefully. In no event should there be any form of stampeding or recklessness.
- Assistance must be provided to those in the group who may have physical challenges to help them evacuate in a timely manner.
- Stairs should always be used instead of elevators in the event of an evacuation.
- After completely exiting the premises, the relevant authorities must be contacted.
When a University of the Holy Land course takes place on the campus of a sister school, UHL students and teachers are to follow the emergency procedures of that specific school.