Application materials for long-term study programs must include:
- A completed application form and waiver of liability.
- Transcripts of undergraduate work. Original transcripts are required. It is the responsibility of the applicant to request the transcripts to be sent from their previous academic institution.
- All applicants are required to have three personal letters of reference transmitted directly to the Registrar. It is the responsibility of the applicant to request these letters from the referees.
- An application fee of $75.00 (non-refundable).
- Notice of acceptance will be sent by both electronic and postal mail immediately following the decision of the Admissions Committee.
General Admissions Policy
- Admission to UHL is not an automatic admission to degree candidacy. At the end of the first semester, a student’s progress and performance is evaluated by the Academic Committee as a condition to admission to degree candidacy.
- The requirements for any degree program may be modified by the Academic Committee. Each student has a Program Advisor and the student’s individual academic program is designed with reference to his/her interests, professional goals, and prior preparation.
- All Master of Arts degree programs require proficiency in Biblical Hebrew, Aramaic and/or Koine Greek.
- All degree programs require the student to take course numbers 1086 and 1087 Land, Nature, and Society in Biblical Times I and II.
- All degree programs require the student to take course number 2020 Research Skills and Methodologies.
- All non-native English speaking, degree program students are required to take course 2005 Academic English or to pass the equivalency test in Academic English.