Master of Theological Studies
The MThS requires 12 credit hours (180 physical hours) of cross-cultural, service-oriented experience in lieu of an M.A. thesis. A student must submit the proposed practicum to the Academic Affairs Committee including the details of the position, requirements, location, and supervisor. Upon completion of the program, an evaluation from the supervisor and a personal evaluation from the student is required every semester until the requirement is fulfilled.
I. Major Requirements - Credits: 30
- 1041 Early Church History and Theology - 3
- 1001 Backgrounds for the Study of Early Christianity - 3
- 1005 Synoptic Gospels - 3
- 1006 Pauline Literature and Theology (or)
- 1009 Acts of the Apostles - 3
- 1007 Johannine Literature and Theology - 3
C. Sociology and Natural Science
- 1086 Land, Nature, and Society in Biblical Times I* - 3
- 1087 Land, Nature, and Society in Biblical Times II* - 3
- 1058 Trends in Modern Theology - 3
E. Religious and Philosophical Thought
- 1084 Jewish-Christian Relations - 3
- 1089 Psychology and Faith: An Introduction to Biblical Counseling - 3
F. 2020 Research Skills and Methodologies - Credits: (0)
G. Research Seminar - Credits: 3
M.Th.S. students must take the Graduate Seminar for credit in the Fall or Spring semester of their second year of studies.
II. Electives - Credits: 3
III. Practicum - Credits: 12
TOTAL Credits: 48
*Field trip fees apply.